Saturday 16 January 2016

Contemporary Monologue - Osama The Hero

I got recommended to read through the play of Osama The Hero by an ex student. I enjoyed the script and found it interested what Dennis Kelly done with it. 
Synopsis- 
The play is about a naïve young boy who believes everyone is tolerant and mature enough to understand that people have different opinions. However when he shares his views at school by doing a presentation on Osama bin Laden, saying that he is a hero in his opinion. He then realises that not everyone shares the same outlook as him. Conseqeuently Gary then gets bombarded with violence from young 'thugs' for being different and becomes victim to numerous arson attacks which he is blamed for.
I liked this monologue because I feel as if I could play the character well. Within it he's talking about how he killed a dog and it gets gruesome and I like that so I read it through a few times. 

I liked this script also because of the dramatic pauses Dennis Kelly has used for example; 'on her upper arm, you ask her, blood...blood... takes her up the hospital' I feel as if it creates suspense and in a way emphasises it.

No comments:

Post a Comment